Post and photograph by Denise Sherron,
The Graduate School, Enrolled Student Services
For those considering a return to the classroom, the VISIONS program at UNCG is unique, giving easy access to an incredible variety of graduate courses. Here, you can boost your career, get ready for grad school, or just learn and explore. UNCG’s VISIONS program is designed to provide qualified individuals with the opportunity to enroll in graduate-level courses without having to apply and be admitted to a specific degree program. As a non-degree seeking or visiting student, you can explore a program or two, build personal confidence and academic skills, and refine your personal or professional interests, or renewal of teacher licensure. Credits earned at UNCG through VISIONS are recorded in the University Registrar’s Office on an official transcript.
Peruse our graduate programs here: http://grs.uncg.edu/programs/ UNCG also offers many online courses that can lead to a Master’s degree or a Graduate Certificate, you can explore those here: http://online.uncg.edu/programs_GRADUATE.php For detailed information on the VISIONS program and the enrollment process, visit The Graduate School online at http://grs.uncg.edu/visions/ or email: email@example.com or call us at 336-334-5596.
The time to start is now! The Fall 2013 VISIONS application deadline is August 16, 2013. The application fee is only $25, and no GRE is required. The Fall semester begins August 19, 2013. The last day to register for Fall 2013 courses is August 23!
Visions Eligibility: To be eligible to enroll, you must:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited College or University.
- Not be currently enrolled as a degree student at UNCG.
- Do not have an application for admission to The Graduate School under review for the same semester.
- Check with the department of interest (e.g., Art, Business Administration) and meet special requirements that may exist for that department.
Advising: Students considering later enrollment in a degree program are strongly encouraged to contact their department to determine which Visions class will count toward your degree.
- No courses below the 500-level will count toward a graduate degree.
- A maximum of 9 hours in courses numbered 749 and below may be taken through Visions and applied to a graduate degree or 3 hours for a certificate.
- There are restrictions on which classes are available to Visions students. Contact the department of interest for more information.